Virtual Wards & Remote Patient Monitoring Webinar
Online | Wednesday 1 November, 14:00
Free to watch on-demand
Event Chair: Professor Natasha Phillips, Founder, Future Nurse
The emergence of virtual wards and remote patient monitoring has transformed the way nurses provide care to patients.
This webinar will be in two parts:
Session one: Virtual wards & remote patient monitoring
In this session, nurses will explore the functions of virtual wards and remote patient monitoring, and how these technologies can enhance patient care, increase access to care and decrease healthcare delivery costs.
- Identify the types of patients who can benefit from virtual wards and remote patient monitoring
- Discuss the benefits of virtual wards and remote patient monitoring to patients and healthcare providers
- Identify the skills and knowledge required to use virtual wards and remote patient monitoring effectively
- Develop a plan for integrating virtual wards and remote patient monitoring into nursing practice, including considerations for patient education and care coordination
Speaker: Gordon Elder, Regional Chief Nursing Information Officer, Northeast & Yorkshire, NHS England
Session two: A day in the life of a Doccla remote monitoring nurse
This session will provide practical examples of pathways where this is being delivered currently.
- What are the clinical competencies to deliver this type of care?
- Building the right clinical team to deliver the care
- The Doccla platform pathway showcase
Speaker: Rebecca Ashworth, Lead nurse for Clinical Engagement/Clinical Safety Offcer, Doccla
Learn about using remote patient monitoring to enable monitoring of patients outside of conventional clinical settings, such as in the home or in a remote area, increasing access to care and decreasing healthcare delivery costs. Find out what it is like to be a remote monitoring nurse and how to build the right clinical team.
You can also earn CPD points by receiving an attendance certificate post event